Project Title: Empowering civil society to challenge homophobic laws and discrimination against LGBTI persons
The project was aimed at enabling civil society organisations to combat and strengthen their role in documenting patterns and incidences of discrimination against LGBTI persons, developing their skills to challenge discrimination as violations of the constitutional right to equality and to advocate for legal reform.
The External Evaluator will be required to evaluate the achievements, effectiveness, relevance, and efficiency of the project.
Duration of Appointment: 18 days
Deadline for Letters of Interest: 14th September
A university degree at the post-graduate level in the social sciences, law or other relevant field of study.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation;
- Solid understanding of and experience working in the Guyanese context;
- Knowledge and experience of human rights;
- Competence in sample survey techniques;
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills;
- Proven work experience in use of best practice evaluation methods;
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex situations in order to succinctly and clearly distil critical issues;
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently with excellent demonstrated teamwork, coordination and facilitation skills;
- Fluency in Microsoft Office
E-mail email@example.com for Terms of Reference.
Letters of Interest must be submitted by email only to:
Programme Coordinator, Society Against Sexual Orientation Discrimination (SASOD).
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com.