Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Project Coordinator - Guyana Social Change Project within the Society Against Sexual Orientation Discrimination.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Coordinating all activities under the project and ensuring established deadlines are met.
- Preparing a work plan for project activities in accordance with the project timeline.
- Monitoring the implementation of project activities and preparing project reports as required.
- Ensuring adherence to the accounting and financial requirements of the project.
- Conducting research on issues to support SASOD’s work around the project’s goals.
- Preparing monthly project reports in the specified format.
- Managing engagements with stakeholders including political leaders, media, government agencies, private sector partners, trade unions, civil society groups and other agents.
- Organizing meetings, workshops and other public events as required for the implementation of the project and furtherance of SASOD’s objectives.
- Organizing advocacy related initiatives including identifying and setting up meetings with key stake-holders and decision makers in the political, social, faith and other sectors.
- Providing support for partner and stakeholder activities through solidarity actions, technical support, participation and other actions which promote SASOD’s visibility.
Qualifications and Experience
At least a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Communication, English, Management, Social Sciences or other relevant discipline.
Substantial professional and/or volunteer experience in areas relevant to advocacy and communication is essential, including but not limited to, public communications, customer service, media, public relations, marketing, civic organizing, etc.
Suitable candidates should send a resume, accompanied by a cover letter and a separate statement of approximately 300 words sharing their personal views on LGBT rights in Guyana to firstname.lastname@example.org copied to email@example.com no later than 13:00 hrs on Friday, September 27, 2013.
To request Terms of Reference please send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org