Vacancies exist within Society Against Sexual Orientation Discrimination (SASOD) for the following positions:
The Programme Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Leading a small team in the implementation of programme activities according to agreed timelines;
- Building and maintaining networks of Civil Society Organizations, community, religious and political stakeholders;
- Supporting the execution of workshops and meetings with stakeholders and partner organizations;
- Overseeing the delivery of advocacy and awareness related initiatives and activities;
- Mentoring and supervising the work of contractors;
- Overseeing the functioning of the SASOD programme office;
- Working with donor partners in developing content for effective programmes and activities;
- Recruiting external contractors as necessary;
- Reporting to donors and partners on project deliverables;
- Identifying and mobilizing funding opportunities for SASOD, including writing proposals;
- Working with SASOD to identify and develop initiatives to promote equality, human rights and access to justice for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) citizens.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Social Sciences, Communication, English or other relevant discipline;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar or relevant field;
- Experience working with and/or demonstrated commitment to marginalized groups, including LGBT communities.
The Administrative Assistant will provide the following services
- Providing clerical and general office services including filing documents and other materials
- Taking minutes at meetings
- Supporting procurement functions of the Finance Assistant and other contractors;
- Assisting the Advocacy and Communications Officer in media monitoring and other duties;
- Organising meetings and other events;
- Providing logistical support to events, meetings, workshops and conferences;
- Participating in the planning of activities and events;
- Sharing information and promoting activities utilizing social media and other forms of ICT
- Delivering and uplifting correspondences and packages as needed
- Any other administrative duties assigned accordingly.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 CXC subjects which must include English and Mathematics
- Relevant tertiary education or training.
- Experience in a similar post.
The Administrative Assistant must have or cover his/her own means of transportation to provide the required services. The monthly contract fee is inclusive of transportation allowance.
How to Apply:
All applications must include: Letter of Interest, Resume and a statement of 150 words on LGBT rights in Guyana for submission via email to email@example.com.
Emails must be titled as follows:
1. Vacancy: Programme Coordinator
2. Vacancy: Administrative Assistant
DEADLINE: 17:00 hrs on Monday, July 1, 2013 via email to sasod_guyana @yahoo.com
To request Terms of Reference, send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org